Monday 9 May 2011

A moderately busy week

In the last week, I've been in Toronto for a 75th birthday party, Kelowna for a wedding, and we bought a house. On top of that, iPhoto decided to be unhappy and put my photo database in a state where I can either see the 34,000 photos in my library taken before March 2011, or the 1,000 photos taken since March 2011, so I've been spending lots of time trying to fix that.


The birthday party was for Marg Riddell, the mother of my best friend in high school. In many ways, Marg spent as much time being my mother as my mother, and I always felt part of the family when I spent time there. There was Steve, Alan, Helen and Chris, and they in turn have all married and had kids, and one of Alan's kids also had kids, so now there are 4 generations of them, and they barely fit in a picture.


4 generations of Riddells
Also while in Toronto, we got to spend time with my brother, spend a day with my friend Monty who is about to ride a bike across Canada with his son (who is scarily named after me), plus I also go to have lunch with another very, very dear friend from University whom I haven't seen in almost 30 years. She hasn't changed and is as beautiful as she was in University. I can't say the same for myself.


Then we jetted back across the country and drove out to Kelowna for the wedding of my friends Carolyn and Tony. 
Time to say "I do"
We also managed to squeeze in a visit to the Mission Hill winery during a break in the wedding action since it was literally less than a kilometer from our hotel (we could have walked, but the winery sits on top of a hill).
The winery just before closing; normally a zoo but we had it to ourselves
Guess
 We only had a short time there, so just got a quick cellar tour, which was fun.
Any one will do for me
And yes, we bought a house just outside of Canmore, and are now the proud owners of three houses. Given that we need at most two (and likely only one), starting in June, we'll be commencing the process of selling our wonderful house in Calgary (that will really hurt) and moving (which will hurt more).


Why June? Because tomorrow, we leave for a month in Amsterdam to celebrate both my retirement and KC's. I'll be posting blog updates most days with our Dutch antics, so stay tuned.


How was your week?

1 comment:

Astrid said...

Congratulations on the new place! A trip to Holland will be amazing .... not that I am biased.