- The electrical and plumbing rough-ins were completed;
- The ceiling was dropped 3" on the one side to make it level throughout
|The light boxes are at the old level|
- Rough-ins for the dryer vent and the hood fan were put in;
- The siding has now basically been finished, as have the soffits and facia;
|Siding on the kitchen wall replaced|
|Back wall, too. And note the roof|
- While the roofing hasn't really started as yet, they came and applied the waterproofing sheets that go underneath it. Supposedly, it shouldn't leak if it rains again. It hasn't, so we trust that it won't. The latest is that the roofers are supposed to be here this week. For sure. Maybe. We hope. Probably.
- Given that all of the rough-ins were done, we were supposed to have an inspection of the framing prior to insulation and vapour barrier. But the inspector only comes one day a week, and on the day he was supposed to show, he was sick. We therefore got a verbal go-ahead for the insulation, which started Friday.
|Pinkness left to do|
- Finish the insulation;
- Install the vapour barrier;
- Replacing the roof;
- We might get some exterior painting done (window trims, doors, that kind of thing)
- Inspection on Thursday;
- Drywall starts on Friday.