Monday 2 July 2007

Canada Day in Calgary - Featuring Jim Cuddy

So I'm sick again. Last month I was diagnosed with bronchitis AND bronchial pneumonia. Well, neither really went away, and I was diagnosed again last week with pneumonia and pleurisy this time. Feeling pretty rotten, Canada Day was pretty low key, except...

The City put on a free concert featuring the Jim Cuddy band and fireworks down at Olympic Plaza. I felt well enough (after spending the better part of 3 days in bed) to going down to take it in. We left our house at 9 for the 9:30 concert, and managed to get to about the "5th row" (there were no seats). And of course, I had my camera...











After the concert, they lit the flame on the tower...



And then spent about a bazillion dollars on a 20 minute fireworks show that they launched off city hall.







I swear there was 15,000 people in the Plaza for the show. And we love the fact that we can walk to and from the event, and don't have to fight with the C-Train.

No comments: