Friday 1 June 2007

www.Despair.com

I've always loved parody. Dilbert is hilarious because it parodies the workplace. A workplace feature is the "motivational poster". You've seen them -- photos of soaring eagles with catchy phrases under them. Back 10 years ago or so, I created one or two parodies of these posters. Turns out there's a whole company devoted to making the funniest parodies I've ever seen. You can buy them as posters, or make your own calendar from their (literally) hundreds of silly pictures. Go see them all at www.despair.com. I won't upload any here because it likely violates their copyrights. Some of my favourites are Despair, Worth, Futility, Get to Work, Goals, Persistence, Planning -- the list goes on.


But they also allow you to make your own posters by uploading a photo and writing your own empty catch phrase. Here's some of mine.




No comments: