|Crawling around and nailing between my legs|
|The finished product|
The doors fit much better than I thought they would and were a lot easier to hang, too.
We made a bunch of mistakes but despite this, it still looks OK and is very functional. It did take much more time and work than we thought, and probably would have been overall easier to build with 3 people than 2, but we got it done. Next job is to hang gates for the fence between the shed and the fence.
Our painters continue to plug along. Yesterday, they unearthed some rotten wallboard from what is obviously a leak in the ceiling (though how recent the leak is, is unclear). Looks like we will have to pull that section of roof apart and fix it when we reno the kitchen next year.
We also concluded that the "right" thing to do in our bedroom is to build a proper closet, rather than to put up wardrobes as I mentioned in this post from some 7 weeks ago. So we'll see if we can get that kicked off tomorrow.
We also finally met with a lighting guy. He told us it's almost impossible for us to have lights installed by the time we head to Maui, and so our thoughts of moving in officially by then are now officially dead and gone by the wayside. Accordingly, we remain residents of Dead Man's Flats until December.