Saturday 7 January 2012

Ski day 19: Riding with old friends

Vert: 4,935 m    YTD cum vert: 102,550 m
Runs: 13    YTD cum runs: 246


As SnowHost, I occasionally run into folks I know in the Gondola lineup. Today, I ran into my friends Andy and Shannon with their kids. Andy used to work for me, and has been skiing Sunshine far longer than I have. The whole family are very good skiers. Their kids have even run laps in the Dive.


So this afternoon, having no tours to lead, I hooked up with them, and we ran some fun stuff all over the mountain, including some pretty gnarly pitches I'm not allowed to take tours on.
Shannon attacks Upper OS Pitch 
Rocketing by me 
Joining the family at the bottom
In the afternoon, Andy led me to places he skied as a kid.
Volkswagon sized moguls on Donkey's Tail
No wonder he's better than me.


See my other blog here for a snow report on the day.

No comments: