Wednesday 25 January 2012

Ski day 27: More like Ski day 26½

Vert: 3,640 m    YTD cum vert: 145,800 m
Runs: 5    YTD cum runs: 336


As I explain on my other blog here, we only got a half day in today because the wind shut the Gondola down while we were at lunch, and we went for lunch at the Gondola base, not on the top.


Some days are frustrating when you only get a half day in. Almost exactly a year ago, we had one of those days. Today was not one of those days. Sure, we were disappointed that we didn't get to stick around to continue enjoying the fantastic snow conditions, but we had a wicked 5 runs in the morning -- at least 2 of which ranked up there for me as among the best of the year. I mean, how can you turn this down?
On my way to the untracked on the left
I got a pile of first tracks in today -- some on every run. Better that than leaving because it's miserable as we did a few weeks ago.

No comments: