Saturday 21 January 2012

Ski day 25: Avi awareness days

Vert: 6,295 m    YTD cum vert: 135,625 m
Runs: 11    YTD cum runs: 316


Today was Avalanche Awareness Days at Sunshine. I was SnowHosting, so didn't get to spend nearly as much time with the displays and avalanche experts as I would have liked. But I did get to meet some of the avalanche puppies. Here's Cai, Sunshine's dog, who is in training.
Very sweet, and very enthusiastic
Here's Caz, the Parks Canada dog, with his handler.
Also a sweetie. Also enthusiastic
We saw these guys up on the his yesterday training. They were at the base of the Divide chair, and you could hear them barking clear to the top of the chair.

I got to do a fun hill tour today. My guest, a very nice lady pharmacist from Edmonton, was a bit familiar with the hill, but "always skied the same runs" and wanted some insider tips on new places to go, especially on days like today when the viz was pretty poor (see my full snow report on my other blog here). This was a lot of fun, as she was a pretty good skier, and although I'm not allowed to take her a lot of places, I can certainly tell her about them and show them off.

No comments: